Indianapolis Colts receiver T.Y. Hilton called out his team and then apologised, while the Seattle Seahawks' Doug Baldwin regretted pushing an assistant coach.
Hilton slammed his team's offensive line following Sunday's 27-0 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Hilton said the linemen had to "take some pride" and block for quarterback Jacoby Brissett, who was sacked 10 times. Hilton recanted those comments on Monday, issuing an apology to his team-mates.
He was not the only one apologising. Seahawks receiver Baldwin expressed regret for pushing assistant head coach Tom Cable on the sideline during Seattle's 24-7 win over the New York Giants.
Brett Hundley did not apologise for his lacklustre performance against the New Orleans Saints, but the Green Bay Packers quarterback said the team can still make the play-offs without Aaron Rodgers.
Cleveland Browns tackle Joe Thomas questioned his future; there will not be a quarterback change in Denver and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger poked fun at safety Robert Golden for his throwing form on a successful fake punt.
Meanwhile, Saints running back Mark Ingram said coach Sean Payton has to come through on his offer of a salon day.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
– Hilton's apology to the Colts' offensive linemen: "I have their back. I love them to death and I was wrong. I'm always against that and I go out and do it, so 100 per cent I messed up. It's on me. I'm sorry for that and I'm leader and those guys look up to me and I stabbed them in the back, so for me I'm sorry about that. I'll approach them individually one on one and just let them know I was 100 per cent dead-arse wrong."
– Baldwin on the altercation with Cable: "I lost my cool. It's 100 per cent my fault. At that moment, I was really frustrated with the offense as a whole. Not the coaching staff – the players. Y'all know I love Cable to death. Me and Cable have one of the best relationships from coach to player. That was 100 per cent my fault. I already apologised to him."
– Hundley's outlook on the rest of the season: "As a backup learning here for three years, all I can say is don’t write us off. That’s the biggest thing. We have to get better, and we will get better, but we're not out."
– Thomas on his season-ending triceps injury and his NFL future: "Am I done playing? I don't know… It's too early to make any decisions."
10,363 consecutive offensive plays.— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) October 22, 2017
What an incredible streak for Joe Thomas. pic.twitter.com/IVwRN9zcWj
– Broncos coach Vance Joseph on the struggling Trevor Siemian: "Trevor is our guy... We all have to do more to help the offense get better."
– Colts coach Chuck Pagano on Sunday's shut-out loss: "We're professionals. We'll show up and go back to work. That's what you do. When you get your arse knocked down, you get up off the mat and you fight. Period. You don't tuck your tail like a coward. You fight."
– Roethlisberger on Golden's throwing motion: "Horrible form… It looked like he was casting, like, a deep-sea fishing. But it might have been the best pass of the night."
– Cowboys safety Jeff Heath on filling in for injured kicker Dan Bailey: "That was fun, the most fun I've had playing football in a really long time... The kickoffs, I didn't really know where the ball was going to go... I think we'd all like it if Dan could do that job from here on out."
– Ingram on Payton's salon offer: "We will be taking him up on that offer Monday. I don't know about everybody else. But I'm gonna holler at him for my pedicure."
– Saints receiver Ted Ginn Jr. on getting pedicures: "Oh, I'm a pedicure guy – it's part of my swag. I need to put my feet up in that hot water with all this running [Payton] got me doing."
– Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on protests during the national anthem affecting the NFL brand: "There is no question the league is suffering negative effects from these protests... I care about a lot of things. But our ability to be substantive is based on having a strong NFL, a league that people are really interested in and want to watch games. At all times, if I am anything, I am first and foremost a proponent of making the NFL strong. Making us have as many people watching the game as we can and watching in light of what we are doing and that's playing football. If all this makes you stronger to represent messages, let's don't do it in a way that tears down the strength of the NFL."
– Eagles coach Doug Pederson on having the NFL's best record at 6-1: "The bull's-eye on our back becomes bigger."
21. Mai 2018
|If you Googled ´European nights´, Liverpool would be top result - Klopp|
|BREAKING NEWS: Icardi cut from Argentina World Cup squad|
|Test recall a ´fantastic surprise´ for Buttler|
|Klopp needs Premier League to be a Liverpool great – Johnston|
|Salah is ´definitely´ world´s best - Lovren|
|Rhinos captain Watkins ruled out for eight months|
|No clue - Klopp defiant over Can to Juventus claims|
|Younis tips Babar for Pakistan greatness|
|Germany squad numbers hint at World Cup good news for Neuer|
|WATCH: Moto3 rider makes spectacular jump over crashed rival|
|Leaving out Morata ´painful´ for Spain boss Lopetegui|
|Gustard to leave England role for Harlequins|
|Nainggolan retires from Belgium duty after World Cup snub|
|Spain striker Morata misses out on World Cup selection|
|LeBron or Kawhi could lead Lakers to the Finals - World Peace|
|Serena steps up Roland Garros training ahead of French Open|
|Nainggolan left out of Belgium´s World Cup squad|
|The long goodbye: Iniesta sits alone in Camp Nou after final Barcelona match|
|Wane to leave Warriors at end of season|
|Dr Fury will see you now - Tyson plans future career in medicine|
|Harden, D´Antoni rue ´soft´ Rockets performance in Warriors drubbing|
|Liverpool players can change their lives in Kiev, says Gerrard|
|Real Madrid v Liverpool: Can great deeds of the past fuel the bid for Champions League glory?|
|Wash your mouth out! - Curry´s expletive outburst earns scolding from mother|
|Rakitic lost for words as Iniesta heads for Barcelona exit|
|Conte: Chelsea must overhaul squad to change style|
|Johnston: Liverpool can´t lose Suarez, Coutinho and Salah!|
|Messi: I like Griezmann, he´s one of the best|
|Ohtani says he´s not good enough for Home Run Derby yet|
|Mendy: France are eyeing World Cup glory|
|Scott accepts two-week ban for Walker punch|
|Braves rally for six runs in the ninth to defeat Marlins|
|MLS Review: Red Bulls upstage Atlanta thanks to Wright-Phillips brace|
|Warriors breeze past Rockets in game three|
|We have a quality squad – Man City chairman hints at caution in transfer market|
|Wise cruises to maiden PGA Tour victory at Byron Nelson|
|Matic: United can fight for Premier League and Champions League with experience|
|Golden Knights GM on Stanley Cup Finals berth: I don´t know how we did it|
|I did a ´s*** job´ defending LeBron James – Morris|
|Dembele suffers sprained right ankle|
|We know Fellaini´s not going to renew with United – Mirabelli suggests Milan move|
|Cavs´ Lue not satisfied with just one win|
|They even whistled at Torres – Simeone backs Griezmann|
|I arrived as a boy, I leave as a man – Iniesta in emotional Barcelona farewell|
|Lingard: Wembley loss my worst feeling in football|
|Cahill: Conte uncertainty affecting Chelsea|
|Sarri has run out of time – Napoli chief De Laurentiis|
|Barca boss Valverde salutes departing Iniesta|
|I feel like I´ve been run over by a truck or had 15 pints - Crutchlow|
|Four sent off as Ajaccio win chaotic Le Havre play-off on penalties|
20. Mai 2018
|Sweden win shoot-out to retain world title|
|De Vrij penalty was destiny for Inter - Icardi|
|PSG? Maybe one day - Pogba coy over long-term future at Manchester United|
|Messi wins fifth European Golden Shoe|
|Gattuso calls for more malice at Milan|
|Barcelona 1 Real Sociedad 0: Coutinho stunner lights up Iniesta´s farewell|
|Lazio 2 Inter 3: Spalletti´s men seal Champions League qualification with stunning comeback|
|Royals reach play-offs as Kings XI come up short|
|Nadal sees clearly after Rome rain is gone|
|Double whammy for Zverevs as Mischa bows out in Geneva|
|Atletico Madrid pay fitting tribute to tearful Torres|
|Hull FC claim derby spoils, Dragons off the bottom|
|Buzarnescu battles through as McHale impresses in Nuremberg|
|Neymar an artist who will not need special treatment - new PSG coach Tuchel|
|Atletico Madrid 2 Eibar 2: Torres bows out with a double|
|Napoli 2 Crotone 1: Milik and Callejon condemn visitors to the drop|
|Iniesta starts on Barcelona goodbye but Messi rested|
|Nadal rallies after rain break to dethrone Zverev in Rome|
|AC Milan 5 Fiorentina 1: Cutrone brace secures Europa League group stage spot|
|I think I made a fantastic decision - Garoppolo key to Sherman joining 49ers|