Indianapolis Colts receiver T.Y. Hilton called out his team and then apologised, while the Seattle Seahawks' Doug Baldwin regretted pushing an assistant coach.
Hilton slammed his team's offensive line following Sunday's 27-0 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Hilton said the linemen had to "take some pride" and block for quarterback Jacoby Brissett, who was sacked 10 times. Hilton recanted those comments on Monday, issuing an apology to his team-mates.
He was not the only one apologising. Seahawks receiver Baldwin expressed regret for pushing assistant head coach Tom Cable on the sideline during Seattle's 24-7 win over the New York Giants.
Brett Hundley did not apologise for his lacklustre performance against the New Orleans Saints, but the Green Bay Packers quarterback said the team can still make the play-offs without Aaron Rodgers.
Cleveland Browns tackle Joe Thomas questioned his future; there will not be a quarterback change in Denver and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger poked fun at safety Robert Golden for his throwing form on a successful fake punt.
Meanwhile, Saints running back Mark Ingram said coach Sean Payton has to come through on his offer of a salon day.
Here's the latest edition of "He said what?!"
– Hilton's apology to the Colts' offensive linemen: "I have their back. I love them to death and I was wrong. I'm always against that and I go out and do it, so 100 per cent I messed up. It's on me. I'm sorry for that and I'm leader and those guys look up to me and I stabbed them in the back, so for me I'm sorry about that. I'll approach them individually one on one and just let them know I was 100 per cent dead-arse wrong."
– Baldwin on the altercation with Cable: "I lost my cool. It's 100 per cent my fault. At that moment, I was really frustrated with the offense as a whole. Not the coaching staff – the players. Y'all know I love Cable to death. Me and Cable have one of the best relationships from coach to player. That was 100 per cent my fault. I already apologised to him."
– Hundley's outlook on the rest of the season: "As a backup learning here for three years, all I can say is don’t write us off. That’s the biggest thing. We have to get better, and we will get better, but we're not out."
– Thomas on his season-ending triceps injury and his NFL future: "Am I done playing? I don't know… It's too early to make any decisions."
10,363 consecutive offensive plays.— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) October 22, 2017
What an incredible streak for Joe Thomas. pic.twitter.com/IVwRN9zcWj
– Broncos coach Vance Joseph on the struggling Trevor Siemian: "Trevor is our guy... We all have to do more to help the offense get better."
– Colts coach Chuck Pagano on Sunday's shut-out loss: "We're professionals. We'll show up and go back to work. That's what you do. When you get your arse knocked down, you get up off the mat and you fight. Period. You don't tuck your tail like a coward. You fight."
– Roethlisberger on Golden's throwing motion: "Horrible form… It looked like he was casting, like, a deep-sea fishing. But it might have been the best pass of the night."
– Cowboys safety Jeff Heath on filling in for injured kicker Dan Bailey: "That was fun, the most fun I've had playing football in a really long time... The kickoffs, I didn't really know where the ball was going to go... I think we'd all like it if Dan could do that job from here on out."
– Ingram on Payton's salon offer: "We will be taking him up on that offer Monday. I don't know about everybody else. But I'm gonna holler at him for my pedicure."
– Saints receiver Ted Ginn Jr. on getting pedicures: "Oh, I'm a pedicure guy – it's part of my swag. I need to put my feet up in that hot water with all this running [Payton] got me doing."
– Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on protests during the national anthem affecting the NFL brand: "There is no question the league is suffering negative effects from these protests... I care about a lot of things. But our ability to be substantive is based on having a strong NFL, a league that people are really interested in and want to watch games. At all times, if I am anything, I am first and foremost a proponent of making the NFL strong. Making us have as many people watching the game as we can and watching in light of what we are doing and that's playing football. If all this makes you stronger to represent messages, let's don't do it in a way that tears down the strength of the NFL."
– Eagles coach Doug Pederson on having the NFL's best record at 6-1: "The bull's-eye on our back becomes bigger."
22. November 2017
|Courtois parks Chelsea contract talks|
|Parker team make ´final offer´ for Joshua fight|
|Wigan´s two-goal Colclough makes mad dash to witness birth of son...in full kit!|
|Sevilla boss Berizzo diagnosed with prostate cancer|
|Hollioake urges England to grind down ´fragile´ Australia quicks|
|Manchester United move still a possibility for Atletico star Griezmann|
|Carragher slams Liverpool for playing ´like children´ in Sevilla collapse|
|Replacing you might not be a great idea! – Buffon grateful for Rakitic tribute|
|Messi closes on century but Pogba must do more – Champions League in Opta numbers|
|Memorable Ashes Moments: Oh my Broad! Stuart stuns Australia with 8-15|
|Skoko wants Australian coach as Arnold emerges as Postecoglou replacement|
|Everton yet to make contact with Van Gaal|
|Ball wins fitness battle to earn England selection for Ashes opener|
|Aussies sweating on Marsh fitness|
|Lakers rally past Bulls|
|That´s not how I´d want my players to act - Root bemused by Lyon|
|MLS Review: Sounders a step closer to final, Crew and Toronto in stalemate|
|Earl suffers ACL injury as NRL return is put on hold|
|Ben Yedder trolls Liverpool after dramatic Sevilla comeback|
|Maxwell called into Ashes squad as cover for Warner|
|´World class´ Insigne can´t be rested – Sarri|
|Smith: Australia considering replacement for Warner|
|I say one thing and you write something else - Angry Ronaldo brushes off media|
|Yankees All-Star Judge undergoes shoulder surgery|
|Griezmann needs support of Atletico and fans – Simeone|
|Monaco paid for mistakes in Champions League exit - Jardim|
|We had to rely on personal pride - Berizzo praises Sevilla´s stunning comeback|
|Championship Review: Coleman loses first Sunderland game, Fulham win nine-goal thriller|
|City fans get first sight of local star they crave in Phil Foden|
|Gunes wants more after historic Besiktas Champions League qualification|
|Allegri plays down Dybala-Messi comparisons|
|Extra rest helped Rose shine in Dortmund – Pochettino|
21. November 2017
|Zidane: We knew Ronaldo, Benzema goals would come|
|It feels like we lost - Klopp frustrated at Liverpool´s second-half collapse|
|It depends on Foden - Guardiola puts ball in teenager´s court|
|Siddle excited by Smith´s duel with Root|
|Postecoglou leaves Australia post|
|Ronaldo overtakes Messi in Champions League goalscoring race|
|Manchester City 1 Feyenoord 0: Sterling strikes late as top spot is clinched|
|Sevilla 3 Liverpool 3: Klopp´s side fail to survive Spanish inquisition|
|Borussia Dortmund 1 Tottenham 2: Son grabs winner as Spurs seal top spot|
|Napoli 3 Shakhtar Donetsk 0: Insigne stunner helps keep knockout hopes alive|
|APOEL 0 Real Madrid 6: Record-breaking Ronaldo and Benzema send holders through in style|
|Monaco 1 RB Leipzig 4: Werner brace dumps Ligue 1 champions out|
|Memorable Ashes Moments: Triple wicket-maiden for destructive Johnson|
|Ronaldo breaks record for Champions League goals in a calendar year|
|´World´s Fastest Gamer´ wins McLaren F1 simulator role|
|History against England in Brisbane, as Cook targets Gabba milestone - the Ashes in Opta facts|
|I wanted to cry with Buffon - Rakitic sympathy for Italy great|
|Defiant Smalling responds to ´surprise´ England omission|
|Hughes ruled out of Samoa clash as Watson, Joseph omitted|
|MLB great Joe Morgan urges voters not to elect steroid users to Baseball HOF|
|Neuer ´on schedule´ but Heynckes won´t rush Bayern star|
|Messi contract saga not swaying Barcelona boss Valverde|
|Spartak Moscow 1 Maribor 1: Stoppage-time equaliser gives Russians everything to do at Anfield|
|Besiktas 1 Porto 1: Talisca leveller sends hosts through|
|Grand slams to reduce seeds from 32 to 16 from 2019|
|Mkhitaryan questions leave Mourinho riled|
|Jones out of Basel, Brighton games but Mourinho hopeful on Bailly|
|The Scrum-back Kid? Philips answers Scarlets SOS|
|Moore to retire from all rugby following Murrayfield Test|
|The Ashes: Australia and England leap into chasm of unknowns|
|Conte unhappy with Chelsea´s fixture congestion|
|Pepe tells Ronaldo: Come to Besiktas!|
|Clement expects Abraham to shake off back injury for Bournemouth clash|
|Oddo replaces sacked Del Neri at Udinese|
|F1 Raceweek: Contract talks for Hamilton, Alonso at Le Mans and Kvyat´s snub|
|Bartomeu hints at January Barcelona signings|
|Davis Love III to have hip-replacement surgery|
|Massa eyes final flourish in Abu Dhabi|